Age of wonders 3
Age of Wonders 3 is a 4X turn-based strategy game. During my internship I gained valuable experience on working in a professional environment, being part of the team, and preparing a game for release. I have been given a wide range of assessments. I mainly worked on the following:
- Level design.
- The campaign for the "Golden Realms" DLC.
- Quality assurance and balancing.
- Designing the diplomacy system.
Images of Age of Wonders 3
My work experience:
- I contributed to the story writing of the "Golden Realms" campaign. Starting from the initial concepts to the creation of the three maps.
- For this campaign I contributed to the creation of the second campaign map. I implemented overall gameplay flow and map layout, taking careful note of balance, asset distribution, and aesthetic appeal. I scripted gameplay and story events in LUA.
- I contributed to the redesign of the diplomacy system. Reviewing the system, pointing out areas for improvement, and redesigning the system to create a more engaging experience for the player.
- I worked on polishing "Taming of the Great Khan", improving gameflow, tweaking difficulty, guiding the AI for the player's allies, and improving asset distribution and
- I contributed to game balancing (attacking walls and travel across water amongst others) using the resource editor to change entity parameters, carefully testing to make sure they have the intended effect.
- I contributed to quality assurance using Triumph's bug tracking system, creating clear and concise bug reports for the rest of the team.